I finally have my medical insurance card. My bank account seems to be working, though I have yet to receive the PIN for my ATM card. Thankfully I have cash coming in from two babysitting jobs. I can complain that I don't earn enough and I don't work enough hours, but I get to play with two great sets of brothers. This morning I went to the breakfast following Ben Zion's upsherin-- an occasion which even after knowing him for only a few weeks I was really excited about. When the various relatives heard who I was they all told me that they heard only great things. That made me feel pretty good. I am enjoying my learning at Nishmat. I finally recovered after getting sick two weeks in a row. Finally I feel like I'm living my life here.
And today was my birthday. Well, it ended almost an hour ago, but things were so hectic following my party that I only have a chance to write this all down now. Tonight I brought out the Play Doh from my party two years ago and had a whole new bunch of friends over to play with it. Everyone got into it, and everyone had fun. I had such a great time with everybody. My roommates made me the coolest Fenway Park cake and people brought me all sorts of fun little presents. It really felt great hanging out with everyone. So happy birthday to me, and thanks to everyone who made it happen. I think I'm doing okay now.
No comments:
Post a Comment