Thursday, November 1, 2007

Boston Red Sox: World Series Champs twice in my lifetime

This past Sunday night I once again set my alarm for 2am, and tried to get a quick nap before game four of the World Series. Harriet the Spy was at first happy to see someone awake, though quickly fell asleep again on the floor beside me. She only woke up to the cheering following homeruns and other big plays in the game. Around 5am, at the start of the 8th inning, I woke Alissa up to watch, and shortly after Sam arrived for the final few outs. Guess not everyone can be as dedicated as I am. Wel, we did it. The Red Sox once again won the World Series. Even without the drama and anticipation of 2004, it is still amazing. After the last out Sam and I sleepily hugged and high fived each other, and then I went back to sleep. No, I did not make it to Nishmat in the morning this time. Monday evening I watched the parade on live feed courtesy of NECN. I missed Boston more than ever, wishing I could be there dancing with Jonathan Papelbon. Hard to imagine that almost six years ago I attended the first victory parade in Boston in decades, for the 2001 Patriots, and since then I have missed two more Superbowl Championship parades AND two World Series Championship parades. They'll just have to do it again.

No comments: