Monday, September 10, 2007
Angels Plumbing Services 052-472-2978
I was thrilled when I scored a used washing machine (thank you Sarah Barefoot) for 500 shekels. I was slightly less thrilled when Yaniv and his buddy (aka the movers) charged 200 shekels for delivery, but hey- they showed up more or less when they said they would. I successfully did one load, and then the machine stopped working and started leaking everywhere. I finally posted on janglo (the most useful resource for English speakers in Israel) looking for someone to figure out what was wrong. Raphael Gittelson of Angels Plumbing responded right away guessing what was wrong and offering a very generous deal for fixing it. That was un-Israeli thing #1 that he did. Today he was due to come at 6, but called to say he was running a little late. He arrived around 6:45 eager to shmooze and congratulate us on making aliyah while investigating our washing machine (and being startled several times by Harriet the Spy). He was right about the cause of the leak, but then also realized that the outlet had burned the plug and could have easily started a fire. We offered up our landlady's lamp to have its plug removed and fused onto our washing machine. It's okay- she won't miss it. He did this at no additional cost. I sat down to write him a check and it took me three tries. Yeah, I'm talented like that. First I wrote the name wrong. Then I tore it badly so it was no good. Finally I got it right and after more shmoozing and many thanks for us he went on his way... or almost did. He called from outside to make SURE that I meant to pay him extra (ie the tip) because on erev Rosh Hashanah he would feel really bad if he was taking too much money from me. That was like un-Israeli thing #5. Raphael is originally from South Africa, but that often means nothing in this country. The first mover I hired to get my stuff from Modiin came over a day late and didn't call once to update me on his schedule. I'm absolutely amazed. Raphael's magnet is on our fridge and he will be hired over Victor any day (more information about Victor to come, and his questionable relationship to our landlady). If anyone ever needs a plumber in Israel please call him. I almost wanted to invite him for shabbat.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Local plumbers may be the professionals you will contact when dealing with a plumbing emergency at your house. For just about any do it yourself job, plumbing companies can provide the finest possible solutions no matter how complicated the plumbing problem might be.
plumber reading MA
Plumbers can help solve such problems and save water and energy bills also.
plumber terrey hills
Looking for local plumbers isn't that difficult. Yes, you might have many things to seriously consider, but there are also many good ways to help you find the best plumbers in the area. Below are some things to consider.
Find out the characteristics all good plumbers have and you would easily spot a good one from far, far away. A trained plumber could make up a skillful plumber, but this isn't the only thing to look for. Honesty and flexibility are also important. Hire a plumber who could thoroughly explain the service and what needs to be done. A good plumber would also explain why the cost of a project has come to be and you need not ask for it.
Read here for more stories and tips
I have been exploring this topic for a some long time.
Plumbing With Dignity And Respect
I admire what you've got accomplished here.
plumber new jersey
boiler repair nj
Post a Comment