In light of hearing about the NBN Bloggers Convention and general blog talk I was wondering who reads my blog and how often. Still tinkering with the stalker software for that one, but I was able to find two blogs that mention mine. My blog comes up in two very different contexts. In one blog, as part of a post about the Mercaz HaRav attack, my post about the tragic event is mentioned as being moving. Definitely a compliment, though I wish it came under better circumstances. The other is from a blog that seems to have just been started by someone planning on making aliyah next summer. I am unsure of whether she is using my blog for humor or inspiration. Or both. Again, not sure how healthy it would be to be inspired by my blog but I chuckle at the thought.
My roommate mentioned that many participants in the Bloggers Convention were invited because they often mention Nefesh B'Nefesh in their blogs. I don't think it comes up too often in mine. Many of the events I talk about are sponsored by Nefesh B'Nefesh, but I wouldn't want anyone to think that the organization should be held responsible for my social "misfortunes" and other Katamon scene adventures (good and bad... don't think it's all bad).
So besides now mentioning Nefesh B'Nefesh and in particular the Bloggers Convention a couple times, which are apparently commonly searched topics, here's another thing that might grab me a few hits. WWW.FRUMSATIRE.NET The author of this blog, the infamous Heshy, is currently visiting Israel. I say infamous though supposedly most people don't know this real name. I guess not everyone has a roommate that a shadchan tried to set him up with. Well, at least the guys who for the most part have male roommates will not know Heshy through this type of fame. Anyhow, after finding out that Heshy came along with someone to my aliyah anniversary barbecue last week and connecting the dots in my head about who he was (though we didn't speak at all and he probably was not even aware that I was one of the hostesses) I went to his premier stand-up comedy act at the Off the Wall Comedy Club in town. I had a lovely time and was consistently amused, especially about things like stories of his "shidduch phonecalls" of which I had the joy of hearing a girl's side of one.
Lisa and I smiled proudly when our barbecue got a shout out in the act. Apparently Heshy thought Katamon people were nice people and had a good time (we apologize for the lack of condiments). Glad that we were less scary than the Nachlaot crowd, but they're a different species altogether. I had read FrumSatire in the past... well really just when I was stalking Heshy to figure out this potential shidduch situation... and looking at it now it's funny how similar my blog is sometimes. His is more about New York singles life; mine is about Katamon. And wow, I should read it more often. Makes Katamon seem not nearly as scary.
Okay, now I want people who came across this post who haven't seen my blog before to leave a comment telling me how they got here. Come on, just for kicks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I got here thru english.webster.
I'm intrested in asking you a few questions for a newspaper interview. could you send me a mail to
yaniv-p@globes.co.il
Hey Rebecca,
A few things:
1. You should have told me that you were adding an analytics program for your blog. I would have helped you set it up. (Hope you're using Google Analytics - it's great)
2. I don't know for sure how NBN invited bloggers. My speculation is that it's a mix of the most popular blogs in the JBlogosphere and then others that have mentioned NBN. These couldn't be/probably aren't the only ways though.
Stalking me huh? I am glad I have some die hard fans- I met your roommate but not you.
By the way- mentioning nefesh bnefesh was part of the deal for getting a free flight. It was all in the name of advertising.
Just a few tips- not allowing anonymous comments crews all those bloggers that use wordpress, typepad, etc..
In order to find out who links to your blog use technorati.com or e-referrer.com
How do I find such dorky tech-savvy people in my life? Though most of that information I knew about, or knew that Lisa knew about, just didn't necessarily have the patience to do it. Or wait just "five more minutes" for my roommate to do :-)
Post a Comment