Friday, April 11, 2008

Hi from College Park


This morning I took a bus from Silver Spring (yay Moishe House) to College Park. As the bus neared campus I was literally jumping up and down in my seat. Finally I got off the bus and looked around at the beautiful brick buildings and smelled the well tended grass and aaahh... I was home.

Everything is bringing back memories. Like that time I got smacked with a wet towel when I came as a prospective. Or when Shira got pregnant. Well, that happens all the time. Or sitting with Raphi on the mall splashing our feet in the water. Later Shira and I will read over the lists we made on mural paper with crayons and markers in lots of different colors. Too bad that blizzard never came. Would have been useful. But it was still fun turning on the shower and leaving the door open so the people banging on my door would think I couldn't open it. Oh well. Oh college. It was so weird walking around campus without there being a place I needed to be. I can't believe I went to a school this magnificent. It is seriously the most gorgeous place I can imagine living aside from, I don't know, a house perched over a flowery valley in the Golan. And I had buffalo chicken for lunch. So good. Except I had to pay for it myself because I didn't know any meal plan people to bully. Actually going into Hillel was less traumatic than I expected it to be.

Now I'm full of Buffalo Chicken, Ben Yehuda's pizza, and a 7-11 slurpee. I've been reunited with my nearest and dearest. I had some enlightening intellectual conversations with a few professors... or at least an amusing one with Dr. Manekin. Even sitting on the soft lush grass of the UMD Mall was so enjoyable. I am SO HAPPY to be here. More crazy college memories to follow. Like when Shira and I got tipsy and tried to disassemble my hard drive. And trick-or-treating at our downstairs neighbor's apartment. And that time this guy from my class was standing in the hallway of my dorm with his pants around his ankles. Good times.

No comments: