Monday, October 1, 2007

Most Boring Day

The good news is last night I had another job interview. The bad news is on my way back up their street I dropped my phone and it stopped working. Oops.

So today any possible chol hamoed activities were put on hold so I could take a field trip to the Orange store in Talpiot. Before that I had to go to the bank to withdraw money, and I wanted to inquire on the whereabouts of my ATM and credit cards. After waiting for fifteen minutes they told me that unfortunately my account wasn't accessible- come back in two days. No information at all on my cards. They didn't even bother checking. Yeah, I hate banks in this country.

I took the bus from there to Talpiot. I finally found the store I thought I was looking forward, and after five minutes there I was redirected to the Orange factory store around the corner which I found twenty minutes later. The main Orange store is a classy little place with a nice waiting area and you can see into the repair area. After a ten minute wait there I finally described in broken Hebrew and wild hand motions what was wrong with my phone, and they told me to come back in three hours to pick it up. Oh yeah- at the first store I was informed that I should leave out the "I dropped it" part of the story.

I spent three hours wandering around Talpiot, which isn't exactly the prettiest place in Israel. First I had lunch at a fancy cafe and spent too much money on a dish that wasn't particularly good and the leftovers made a mess as I carried them around for the rest of the afternoon. Finally around four I picked up my phone and went home. Most boring day ever. Israel still feels like a long boring vacation. I really need things to pick up around here.

In other news because Harriet the Spy couldn't be spayed, she is now in heat and spends all day crying and trying to jump out of windows because she wants to mate. Basically she fits in perfectly with the Katamon crowd, except I don't know of anyone who tries to jump out of windows. Speaking of Katamon, I think tonight I'll join my cousin and her friends for a movie night. Yay Katamon scene.

No comments: